The History of Homeland Energy Solutions
In 2005, Homeland Energy Solutions, LLC began the development and planning stages of an Ethanol Processing Facility with the capabilities of producing one hundred million gallon of ethanol annually from 37 million bushels of corn using a 2.8:1 conversion ratio. The facility will serve agriculture producers of corn from a multi-county area of Allamakee, Bremer, Butler, Cerro Gordo, Chickasaw, Clayton, Fayette, Floyd, Howard, Mitchell and Winneshiek counties.
The purchase of the 37 million bushels of corn will decrease the export of corn and increase the value. Based on existing industry experience a projected value increase is expected between $.05 and $.08 per bushel. This would amount to an increased income of approximately $1,850,000.00 to $2,960,000.00 annually to regional participating producers.
The facility has also produced significant distillers’ grains which could increase livestock production in the area.
Eight individuals living in northeast Iowa with significant ties to the ethanol industry have formed the core project group. Their experience within the industry ranges from individuals currently holding management positions in the operation of an existing plant, to individuals who were the steering force in the planning and construction of an existing plant. These eight individuals have become the founding directors of Homeland Energy Solutions, LLC for the purpose of constructing an ethanol processing facility within Chickasaw County in Northeast Iowa. They have all participated in the initial seed capital stock offering to get the planning process started.
“It is our mission to produce ethanol and its co-products profitably, enhancing returns to our stakeholders and surrounding communities.”
Homeland Energy Solutions strives for a culture based on principled entrepreneurship, which means we strive to combine an unwavering desire to anticipate and cost-effectively satisfy our customers’ needs.
This culture drives all the things we do to succeed, both as a company and as a neighbor in our community. This discovery mentality that we will strive to cultivate in all employees is behind the innovation that has helped develop value-added fuels for our potential customers and meet important goals for safety, efficiency and environmental protection in our operations. We are confident that the core set of values shared by our employees – including honesty, openness and customer focus – is the key to building a business that is sustainable over the long term.
We value the opportunity to provide homeland energy independence from foreign oil for our country.
Keys to Success
The employees of Homeland Energy Solutions, LLC will strive to:
- Produce the highest quality of product possible utilizing the most current proven technologies and management practices;
- Be a good neighbor and be sensitive to the needs and well being of our fellow citizens;
- Follow practices and procedures that will safeguard the environment and ensure quality of life for future generations;
- Provide a healthy and safe workplace for our employees;
- Provide the opportunity for our employees to grow, both professionally and personally, and advise in their chosen career;
- Conduct business honestly and fairly with those who provide inputs and services and those who purchase our products; and
- Maintain financial profitability and stability to ensure our continued success.